Branden LaPia MBA, MS, RD firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Nutrition – Branford CrossFit
Growing up I was surrounded by friends and family who shared a similar passion for sports, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, I have a father (Coach Jim) who gave me a relentless work ethic. In college, I wanted to pursue a career which focused on health, patients, and science. I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics and continued with my education by completing a Masters in Science degree focused on Human Health and Nutrition. Following my Masters Degree, I was accepted into Yale New Haven Hospital’s Dietetic Internship. This is a 1 year, hands on, teaching internship where I clinically practiced dietetics and consulted patients on nutritional habits to change their health. I was then eligible to take my exam and I became a Registered Dietitian (RD) in October of 2011.
I am excited to be partnering with Branford CrossFit and am looking forward to bringing my nutritional knowledge to help their athletes of all levels.
Most experts agree that nutrition makes up more than 60% of a healthy lifestyle. It is vital to achieving fitness goals and is the single most important change one can make to optimize their athletic performance. I do not endorse diets; there needs to be a permanent change in behavior in order to sustain and consistently improve one’s healthy lifestyle and fitness performance. My goals are simple: to create a healthier athlete through 1-on-1 nutritional counseling, specifically tailored to each individual’s physical level, lifestyle challenges, and food preferences. I want to maximize each athlete’s performance and give them the skills and knowledge to optimize their eating habits no matter where and what life brings them.
NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM ($125/month):
- Fill out a pre-program questionnaire which includes a 1 week food journal detailing everything consumed throughout the day, including estimated portion sizes, as well as the timing of each meal along with exercise habits.
5 pillars for success will be covered along with a discussion focused on weight and fitness goals
- Portion sizes
- Meal timing
- Meal prep/planning and grocery shopping
- Optimization/supplements – personally tailored meal plans
- Basal energy expenditure calculated
- Daily calorie, protein, carbohydrate and fat calculated
- 1 month rotating meal plan:
- Based on activity level and exercise regimen
- Specifically formatted to achieve weight and performance goals
- Consistent access to emails for questions
- Consistent modification to nutritional plan as needed